Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Peterson AFB, CO
Job Type: Operations Research Analysis
Experience: 5+ Years
AERMOR is seeking qualified individuals to help support Air Force Operational Test & Evaluation Center Test Services Support.
- Provide Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) subject matter expertise (SME) for operational testing of BMDS programs, including the BOA upgrade to the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program and assessment of its integration into Air and Space Operations Centers and Combatant Commands.
- Assist in the identification, and/or integration of test infrastructure capabilities (live, virtual, and modeling and simulation to include both Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) and digital) and ways to use test infrastructure capabilities to answer operational questions. This includes operationally realistic environments for cyber, space, and threat representation.
- Assist in research and analysis of current and future test/assessment capabilities. Activities include identifying test/assessment capability requirements, documenting existing test/assessment capabilities, identifying shortfalls, and recommending resolutions.
- Provide input to OPIR and ground/sea-based radar hardware-in-the-loop and digital modeling and simulation accreditation packages for tests that require them. Activities include reviewing verification and validation (V&V) white papers, reports, and briefings, and providing inputs to accreditation plans, reports, and briefings.
- Compile data necessary to draft both integrated and operational test plans to include: An Integrated Master Test Plan (IMTP) that drives testing of Missile Defense Agency (MDA) programs and multiple test programs which use OPIR data.
- Collect, compile, review, analyze, and evaluate test/assessment data and test results at multiple test locations simultaneously. Analyze system performance against test measures. Provide input in the determination of system effectiveness, suitability, integration, and mission capability.
- Participate as an Integrated Test Team member to gain knowledge of, and facilitate the planning of developmental, integrated, and operational test activities.
- Review documentation to include COBRA DANE, Upgraded Early Warning Radars (UEWR), Missile Defense Systems (MDS) upgraded radar systems, Integrated Mobile Sensors (IMS), and Long-Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR).
- Review for test and evaluation/assessment considerations and provide input for feedback on program documents, such as the: program management directive, applicable capabilities documents, element specifications, BMDS system specifications, Operational Test Requirement Document - LRDR, BMDS Validated Online Lifecycle Threat (VOLT), lifecycle management plan (LCMP), program protection documents, concepts of operations/employment, and maintenance concepts.
- Support the development of Developmental Test Event Reports, MDS Initial Observation/Quick Look Reports, Interim Summary Reports, Initial OT&E Report, MDS Ground Test reports, Mission Data Review, and Lessons Learned reports/briefings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in the field of Operations Research.
- Experience in Space Command and Control (C2).
- Experienced in operational testing or experience with space systems operations and/or acquisition, such as satellite communications, Global Positioning System, space situational awareness, space superiority, or overhead persistent infrared systems.
- Position requires practical application of one or more of the following:
- Independently formulating and applying design of experiments
- Independently formulating and applying analytical tools, specifically: means, medians, percentiles, deviations, ANOVA, Generalized Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Multivariate Analysis, and Factor Analysis.
- Independently creating automated analytical toolsets as necessary.
- Academic and practical application of the verification, validation, and accreditation of modeling and simulation.
- Possess the ability to support data collection and test execution within Air Force installations.
- Be proficient in technical writing, possess familiarity with MS Office software to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
- Some travel may be required (25%).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- U.S. Army ORSA-MAC Certification.
- Experience in developing Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Accreditation Packages and Accreditation Letters.
- Experience with Python and SQL.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
BMDS OPIR Architecture Operations Analyst