Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Technical Writing
Experience: 3+ Years
Clearance Type: TS/SCI or Secret
AERMOR is seeking qualified candidates with cyber technical writing experience that will be able to work closely with other members of a test team to develop Cyber Survivability (CS) Test Plans in support of the Navy and Marine Corps acquisition lifecycle. CTEs work to define the overall test strategy, potential test assets/locations, off-limit and out-of-scope components, applicable test resources, specific test objectives/grading requirements, and necessary test team skillsets.
- Develop, maintain and assist in the execution of test plans.
- Analyze program technical documents and drawings to perform CS Test Planning research as outlined by the Cyber Test Planning Process in the OPTEVFOR Cyber Handbook.
- Communicate regularly with the OTD/C on the entrance and exit criteria status for each program’s Check Point (CP) briefs.
- Routinely need to coordinate and conduct meetings to support the overall checkpoint process; providing on-time read-ahead documentation for each, according to the meeting requirements
- Provide amplifying or clarifying information as needed to ensure all participants fully understand the briefing material.
- Provide meeting minutes and Comment Resolution Matrices (CRM) post-meeting to ensure stakeholders and leadership stay abreast of progress and programmatic issues and concerns.
- facilitate and track stakeholder involvement and document all comments throughout the process using the approved OPTEVFOR CRM with updated status and final comments adjudicated and recorded
- Generate trip reports that capture activities, actions, and outcomes of all events away from OPTEVFOR.
- Conduct Cybersecurity architecture (SUT or SoS) review and document review.
- Review system diagrams, cybersecurity architecture, and other documentation analyze the testability of requirements, and identify the attack surface and attack vectors.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with software and/or hardware testing.
- Experience with test automation.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and self-manage multiple project tasks.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and embedded and Real-Time Operating Systems.
- Ability to articulate open issues and risks in a timely manner to management and make recommendations.
- Familiar with the Risk Management Framework.
- Knowledge of current security tools and industry best practices: tools, techniques, procedures, tactics, attacks and forensics.
- Knowledge of network defense systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Experience with system administration, networking, Computer Network Attack (CNA), Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Defense (CND), and/or penetration testing.
- Experience decomposing system diagrams, cybersecurity architecture, and other documentation to determine the potential attack surface and attack vectors.
- Knowledge of Cyber test tools (e.g. Retina, SCAP, ACAS, Nessus, Metasploit, Burp, Nessus, Kali Linux Tool Suite, Core Impact, Burp Suite, IDA Pro, OllyDbg/WinDbg, Nmap, John the Ripper, Cain, Nikto, and packet analysis tools (Wireshark/TCPDump).
- Understand fundamentals of how to exploit vulnerabilities in tested systems including (but not limited to): system misconfigurations, zero-day vulnerabilities, Denial of Service (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) vulnerabilities, privilege escalation, unsupported or unpatched software, and phishing attacks.
- 4 Year Degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer/Electrical engineering, Systems Engineering (technical), Aeronautical engineering OR
- Minimum 2 years of DoD cybersecurity experience AND Minimum 2 years’ experience in one of the following: Network engineering, Programming (C/C++, python, Bash, etc.), Systems test engineering, Project management, Penetration testing
- DoDD 8570 IAM/IAT II certification or ability to obtain
For more information contact: email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AERMOR LLC complies with government regulations and affirmative action responsibilities.
AERMOR LLC does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.