Information Assurance Analyst
Employee Type: Full-Time
Locations: Suffolk, VA
Job Type: Information Assurance Analyst
Experience: 3+ Years
Clearance Type: TS/SCI
Work Allocation: On-Site
AERMOR LLC. is seeking qualified candidates with Computer Network Defense (CND)/Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) experience to support the day-to-day cyber analysis function of the Command network monitoring and modernization effort. Providing reach-back capabilities for multiple Broadcast Control Authority (BCA) locations. Daily operations consist of the following areas: Provide hands-on analysis of the Command network modernization effort; liaison with CNDSP internal stakeholders to maximize mission coordination and effectiveness; coordinate with the Senior Information Assurance Analyst to maximize the effect of analysis of network system-generated data; and provide day to day leadership and guidance to all members of the network monitoring and modernization effort.
- Rapidly assess network traffic, detect data anomalies, and provide detailed reporting.
- Provide alert handling mitigation strategies when needed.
- Conducting analysis using Security and Incident Event Management (SIEM) technologies systems is required.
- Performs cyber analysis on data collected by the detection systems.
- Provide assessment and implementation of solutions to meet network security requirements.
- Ensure the successful performance of vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Understand and evaluate security threats and perform a risk analysis of those threats as it applies to the environment.
- Assists with the development of SOPs to assist the customer with procedure and process improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least one-year of relevant experience with Navy Cyber Security and/or Security Operations (Prior BCA or Navy Enterprise level knowledge is a bonus).
- Proficient in written and oral communications.
- Strong report writing skills and general communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and investigative skills.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience with log parsing and analysis.
- Experience with Linux is preferred.
- Experience with researching threats and identifying credible sources.
- Experience with proactive Threat Hunting using SIEM solutions with ingested datasets from multiple locations.
- Knowledge of dataset correlation, understanding network architecture, and data at rest and in transit.
- Demonstrable knowledge in various Windows and Linux OS and TCP/IP protocols.
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS systems, network forensics analysis, and SIEM. Specific experience in one or more areas with Security Onion, Splunk, Snort/Suricata, and BRO/ZEEK integration.
- Working knowledge of Cyber Security threats and the ability to apply this knowledge to the environment.
- Associate of Science degree in information systems, information security, computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience of 3-5 years
- CompTIA Security +
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AERMOR LLC complies with government regulations and affirmative action responsibilities.
AERMOR LLC does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org