Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Information Assurance Analyst (SME II)
Experience: 3+ Years
Clearance Type: Top Secret
AERMOR LLC. is seeking qualified candidates with Computer Network Defense (CND)/Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) experience to support the day to day cyber analysis function of the Command network monitoring and modernization effort at multiple Broadcast Control Authority (BCA) locations in the following areas: Provide hands-on analysis of the Command network modernization effort; liaison with CNDSP internal stakeholders to maximize mission coordination and effectiveness; coordinate with Senior Information Assurance Analyst to maximize the effect of analysis of network system-generated data; and provide day to day leadership and guidance to all members of the network monitoring and modernization effort.
- Rapidly assess network traffic, detect data anomalies, and provide detailed reporting on the same.
- Provide alert handling mitigation strategies to BCA military/GS staff.
- Serves as the team member to support the analysis of general network technical problems and provides recommendations and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs cyber analysis on data collected by the network monitoring systems, as well as provides the assessment and implementation of solutions to meet network security requirements.
- Ensure the successful performance of vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Understand and evaluate security threats and perform a risk analysis of those threats as it applies to the environment.
- Assists with the development of SOPs to assist the customer with procedure and process improvement.
- Provides analyst support during exercises.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least one-year of relevant experience with Navy cybersecurity and network operations. Prior BCA experience is an added bonus.
- Demonstrable ability to interact effectively within the naval community.
- Strong report writing skills and general communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and investigative skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as Wireshark and system log analysis.
- Experience with network log parsing and analysis.
- Experience with analyzing system and network logs and PCAP.
- Experience with researching and identifying indicators of compromise and signature identification.
- Experience or working knowledge of Threat Hunting.
- Proficient in written and oral communications.
- Demonstrable knowledge in various Windows and Linux OS and TCP/IP protocols.
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS tools, network forensics analysis, and SIEM. Specific experience with Security Onion, Splunk Knowledge Management, Snort, BRO preferred.
- Working knowledge of the cybersecurity threatscape and the ability to apply this knowledge to the environment.
- Associate of Science degree in information systems, information security, computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Security + CE Certification.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Assurance Analyst