Junior Cyber Test Engineer
207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Job Type: Junior Cyber Test Engineer
Experience: 3+ Years
Clearance Type: TS (SCI Eligible)
AERMOR is seeking qualified candidates with Cyber Test Engineer experience that will be able to work closely with other members of a test team.
- Conduct Cybersecurity architecture (SUT or SoS) review and document review.
- Review system diagrams, cybersecurity architecture, and other documentation, analyze testability of requirements and identify the attack surface and attack vectors.
- Work closely with Program Office and development teams to stay current on system functionality.
- Review hardware and software capabilities and vulnerabilities as required to support testing.
- Conduct Cybersecurity test planning site surveys.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience decomposing system diagrams, cybersecurity architecture, and other documentation to determine the potential attack surface and attack vectors.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, prioritize and self-manage multiple project tasks.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to write well-articulated test plans and facilitate product demonstrations.
- Knowledge and experience with Virtual Machines.
- Identify insider and nearsider threat opportunities and mitigations as well as physical security controls.
- Familiarity with computer security measures.
- Knowledge of domain structures, user authentication, data encryption, access audits and end-user security best practices.
- Knowledge of data at rest and data in motion principles.
- Knowledge of network defense systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Knowledge of current security tools and industry best practices: tools, techniques, procedures, tactics, attacks and forensics.
- Understanding of storage and databases, including relational databases, database management systems, enterprise storage solutions, and security concerns specific to these technologies..
- Understand fundamentals of how to exploit vulnerabilities in tested systems including (but not limited to): system misconfigurations, zero-day vulnerabilities, Denial of Service (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) vulnerabilities, privilege escalation, unsupported or unpatched software, and phishing attacks.
- Experience with TCP/IP, VLANs, Cyber vulnerability remediation, and Cyber risk analysis.
- 4 Year Degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer/Electrical engineering, Systems Engineering (technical), Aeronautical engineering OR
- Minimum 2 years of DoD cybersecurity experience AND Minimum 2 years’ experience in one of the following: Network engineering, Programming (C/C++, python, Bash, etc.), Systems test engineering, Project management, Penetration testing
- DoDD 8570 IAM/IAT II certification or ability to obtain
For more information contact: email@example.com