207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Senior Operational Research Systems Analyst
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: MacDill AFB, Florida
Job Type: ORSA
Experience: 10+ Years
Clearance Type: Secret (Top Secret / SCI Eligible)
Aermor is seeking qualified candidates to provide high quality, defendable technical and analytical support in employing analytical models and tools with a wide array of areas.
- Provide Senior/Journeyman and Junior-level ORSA support with the requisite skills to accomplish analytical projects or studies for the command, as well as analytical projects or studies in support of OSD and JS taskings.
- Support development of USSOCOM Program Objective Memorandum (POM).
- Conduct analysis and data visualization for demand signals for SOF forces as part of Global Force Management process and the Global Special Operations Synchronization (GSOS) process.
- Apply a wide variety of models, simulations, and operations research techniques to support USSOCOM processes and decision-making.
- Employ analytic and operational design methodologies to frame complex problems to help senior military and civilian leaders develop solutions and strategies.
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative analyses as required.
- Conduct analysis of Risk in support of SOSA efforts to analyze USSOCOM’s involvement in the Defense Planning Scenarios (DPS), operational campaigns, and operational plans.
- Provide analytical support involving modeling and measuring techniques, statistical methods, and operational mathematics techniques (e.g. game theory, probability theory, pairwise comparison, etc.), linear and non- linear programming, and other principles of operations research. Gather, relate, and identify data with variables in models by applying professional judgment and qualitative and quantitative tests.
- Transform raw data into information and recommendations to the J8-S as required in support of senior leader decisions.
- Develop methods and tools to enhance the visualization of data and summarize analyses in simplified terms to present to decision-makers.
- Code algorithms in order to develop data collection and decision support tools. Utilize the expertise of government-furnished, commercially available analytical models, simulations, and gaming tools currently in use throughout the field (government, industry, etc.) or under evaluation at the tactical, operational, and strategic operational levels for identification of potential adoption of existing best practices.
- Apply systems thinking and value-focused thinking to facilitate clear USSOCOM force employment and resourcing decisions.
- Support complex problem framing and initiatives designed to integrate command wide efforts to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support the development and analysis of the analytic planning scenarios used by OSD and the Joint Staff for force sizing and shaping.
- Provide analytic support to the JMA process in order to apply objective, analytical, and orderly thinking to the methodology. Work in concert with government operations research analysts ensuring that analysis is synchronized across multiple efforts to determine an Objective Force, associated enablers, and other units of analysis.
- Conduct studies of SOF operations in order to identify assumptions, force characteristics, measures of effectiveness, and methodologies required to produce data for SOF Force Planning.
- Conduct, participate in, or support studies, war-games, analyses, and modeling efforts.
- Assist USSOCOM’s decision-makers in framing and solving complex problems by producing the analysis and logical reasoning necessary to inform and underpin those critical decisions.
- Conduct independent, robust analyses, and complex studies up to the TS/SCI level of classification as required.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or a related scientific discipline; OR the Operations Research Systems Analyst – Military Application Course (ORSA-MAC.
- 10+ years of Operations Research Systems Analyst experience in qualitative and quantitative analyses of complex military and related problems or demonstrated expertise in:
- Performing database queries and export data from various databases.
- Performing stochastic and risk analysis
- Developing mathematical programming formulations to optimize deterministic models
- Using software tools to visualize data for SPP decision makers
- Programming in visualization tools such as R-Shiny, Python, Excel, and VBA.
- 5 years of experience (can be concurrent with the 10 years above) using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level) use and the ability to communicate at all levels in a highly professional manner
- 3 years of experience in Operations Research and Analysis in military-related matters or subjects.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org