207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Senior Database Administrator
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: MacDill AFB, Florida
Job Type: DBA
Experience: 5+ Years
Clearance Type: Secret (Top Secret / SCI Eligible)
Aermor is seeking qualified candidates to provide high quality, defendable technical and analytical support in employing analytical models and tools with a wide array of areas.
- Perform duties as Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, DOD Instruction 8140.01, USSOCOM Manual 380-3, and the SIE OPORD.
- Facilitate the readiness and availability of all database repositories by providing administrative and engineering database support technical services.
- Setup and create databases, maintain database services online, implement backup/recovery methodologies, add or remove users, and maintain security permissions.
- Responsible for database software installation on servers, update software patches and release upgrades
- Install and configure client database software on workstations.
- Conduct testing and deep scan health reports on all database instances, preventative Maintenance
- Maintain database monitoring, identify, avoid, resolve database integrity, or bottleneck issues.
- Analyze, critique, rewrite performance Standard Query Language (SQL) procedures (SQL analysis and tuning) Assist software development team regarding SQL procedures
- Author, test, and maintain database internal stored procedures (PSQL)
- Database tuning, performance optimization, and data realignments
- Database engineering design and planning consistent with the software development life cycle
- Hardware and software administration of database platform equipment
- 5 years of experience providing advanced Database and Application server administration support to a mission production environment and development. Experience may include but is not limited to:
- Database and Application server troubleshooting, installation, upgrade, performance tuning, development support, scripting and producing documentation.
- Experience as DBA in a Windows and/or Linux OS environment using RDBMS (required) and/or NOSQL/Non-relational databases
- Familiarity or background in software development using mainstream programming or scripting languages
- 3 years of experience (can be concurrent with the 7 years above) in database development, maintenance/support, and query support for software developers; to include writing stored procedures and triggers
- Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I; IAT Level II must be obtained within 6 months of start date
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org