Missile Defense System SME
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Peterson AFB, CO/Schriever SFB, CO
Job Type: Subject Matter Expert
Experience: 6+ Years
Clearance: Secret, TS/SCI eligible / Current TS/SCI preferred
AERMOR is seeking highly qualified individuals with proven experience operating components of missile defense systems to provide support to Space Training and Readiness (STAR) Delta (Provisional (P)) Detachment 4, for MDS programs. The MDS portfolio of programs includes Ballistic MDS Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Architecture [BOA], Long Range Discrimination Radar [LRDR]). These positions will assist STAR Delta (P)-led programs with operational test/assessment planning, execution, evaluation, and reporting.
- Provide input to OPIR and ground/sea-based radar hardware-in-the-loop and digital modeling and simulation accreditation packages for tests that require them.
- Assist in the identification, and/or integration of test infrastructure capabilities (live, virtual, and modeling and simulation to include both Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) and digital) and ways to use test infrastructure capabilities to answer operational questions. This includes operationally realistic environments for cyber, space, and threat representation.
- Provide input to revise the Initial Test Design as needed.
- Provide input in revising critical operational issues.
- Utilize Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques, as required.
- Provide Test and Evaluation (T&E) support to both the Launcher and Munitions Test Teams of the STORM Project Office
- Support operational test execution; requesting, scheduling, and tracking of test/assessment resources and facilities; identifying and preparing test/assessment equipment.
- Participate in the execution of test/assessment plans, data management and analysis plans, and detailed test/assessment procedures.
- Develop and deliver execution briefings and debriefings. Review and update documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in the field of Operations Research.
- Experience in Space Command and Control (C2).
- Experienced in operational testing or experience with space systems operations and/or acquisition, such as satellite communications, Global Positioning System, space situational awareness, space superiority, or overhead persistent infrared systems.
- Demonstrated ability to independently formulate and apply the design of experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to independently formulate and apply analytical tools, specifically: means, medians, percentiles, deviations, ANOVA, Generalized Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Multivariate Analysis, and Factor Analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to create automated analytical toolsets as necessary.
- Academic and practical application of the verification, validation, and accreditation of modeling and simulation.
- Possess the ability to support data collection and test execution within Air Force installations.
- Be proficient in technical writing, possess familiarity with MS Office software to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
- Background in operational testing is highly desired.
- SPACE 200 and SPACE 300 training, highly desired
- Position requires practical application of:
- Satellite operations, specifically how these operations may impact operational testing
- Various missile and space systems, as operators will be utilized as a subject matter expert
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Must have the ability to quickly understand the customer's overall technical objectives and mission and provide effective solutions.
- Some travel may be required (15%-25%).
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org