207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: (N6) Fleet Forces Command, Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Database Administrator Support
Experience: 8+ Years
AERMOR LLC is looking for a Microsoft Database Administrator at the N6 Fleet Forces Command in Norfolk, VA. United States Fleet Forces Command (USFFC) Communications and Information Systems provide SharePoint Portal hosting services and support to USFFHQ staff and global customers for information sharing and collaboration. In order to maintain and ensure that services are adequately provided USFF requires contractor support in the administration, configuration, management of SharePoint Portals, and to provide customer support and user training.
- Manage and maintain all required security level/posture of all MS SQL Servers. Servers must be IA compliant to the latest policies and standards.
- Document and generate report all changes on applied to SQL Servers.
- Provide assistance in the processing and submission of system accreditation that the MS SQL Servers are part of.
- Provide advice and recommendation on industry best practices in the use of MS SQL Server and upcoming trends in database design, implementation and sustainment.
- Manage and maintain all MS SQL services to ensure that they are always at peak performance (greater than 99.99%).
- Improve slow performing database(s) code(s) to attain their peak performance and maintain peak performance throughout the life cycle of the database.
- Databases must not be put into production mode if not at peak performance.
- Must ensure that all transact SQL code are bug free and executes effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and maintain all database backup and recovery schema. There must not be any loss of any data (in part or in whole).
- Develop and maintain Analysis Services (such as DAX, OLAP/MOLAP), SQL Reporting Services reports, Data Transformation Services packages, Business Intelligence, and SQL Agent jobs. These items must be responsive and optimized to execute close to 99.99% efficiency.
- Provide effective and quality training and/or assistance to data analysts, coders/programmers (including pre-production code reviews), data modelers, managers,and users.
- Perform auditing, base lining/enhancing/optimizing/tuning (especially index tuning and custom statistics), monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Plan configuration changes, future workloads, and future system resources that are aligned to government mission and goals.
- Report to government lead about system conditions, failures and future needs.
- In case of malfunctions, immediately report to government lead all issues and provide appropriate resolution or mitigation.
- Develop POAM for all projects and tasks.· Attend meetings either physical or virtual
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or associate’s degree in Computer Science with additional 2 years of experience as Microsoft SQL Server DBA.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as DBA in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum 8 years of in depth knowledge and experience in database theory and design.
- Minimum 8 years of in depth experience in planning, implementing, administering and programming Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, and 2016).
- Minimum 4 years of in depth knowledge and experience in Windows O/S, distributed computing architecture (client-server), networking, storage area network (SAN), Virtualization (Hyper-V and VMware).
- Experience in Microsoft .NET programming.
- Minimum six (6) years of in depth knowledge and experience in Transact SQL and PowerShell.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platform OR Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Management and Analytics
- CompTIA Security Plus.
All certification must be current versions.
All certifications must stay current and up to date throughout the life of the contract.
For more information contact: email@example.com
Microsoft Database Administrator