BMDS Overhead Persistent Infrared & Ground Radar SME
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Peterson AFB, CO
Job Type: M&S Subject Matter Expert
Experience: 3+ Years
AERMOR is seeking qualified candidates with Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Analysis and Design of Experiments (DOE) experience to support programs utilizing M&S for Operational Testing at AFOTEC in the following areas: Documentation review, Modeling and Simulation Product Development, Operational Test Design, Test Analysis, and Reporting, Test Operations Support, and Program Management Support.
- Assist in the development and refinement of an integrated evaluation framework (IEF) for Test Design and Modeling and Simulation sections.
- Develop Modeling and Simulation Accreditation products for Operational Testing at AFOTEC.
- Conduct background research and provide analytical support and recommendations for the development of test design for testing the operational effectiveness and suitability.
- Design operational tests in conjunction with mission-based Critical Operational Issues (COI), cross-referenced with US Space Force and USSPACECOM Task Lists and/or Joint Mission Essential Task Lists (JMETL).
- Provide input to OPIR and ground/sea-based radar hardware-in-the-loop and digital modeling and simulation accreditation packages for tests that require them.
- Activities include reviewing verification and validation (V&V) white papers, reports, and briefings, and providing inputs to accreditation plans, reports, and briefings.
- Review for test and evaluation/assessment considerations and provide input for feedback on program documents, such as the: program management directive, applicable capabilities documents, element specifications, BMDS system specifications, Operational Test Requirement Document - LRDR, BMDS Validated Online Lifecycle Threat (VOLT), lifecycle management plan (LCMP), program protection documents, concepts of operations/employment, and maintenance concepts.
- Assist in the preparation, submission, and/or revision of AFOTEC and STAR Delta (P) Det 4 portions of program test documentation, such as test team charters, integrated master test plans, element level integrated test plans, and schedules. (LRDR)
- Devise test matrices to satisfy testing objectives.
- Perform data analysis to resolve mission-based measures and COIs supporting the determination of System Under Test (SUT) operational effectiveness and suitability.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Space Command and Control (C2).
- Experience in developing Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Accreditation Packages and Accreditation Letters.
- Working knowledge of DOE.
- Working knowledge of the DoD 5000 series, OPNAVINST 5000.42 series, as well as SECNAVINST 5000 series instructions.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within multidisciplinary teams and have a demonstrated ability to communicate the results of the operational analysis to sponsoring activities and decision-makers.
- Must have strong technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Project.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a Data Analysis software package (JMP preferred).
- Experience with Python and SQL.
- Possess an ability to support data collection and test execution within Air Force installations.
- Be proficient in technical writing, possess familiarity with MS Office software to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
- Some travel may be required (25%).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
For more information contact: email@example.com