207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: SME
Experience: 5+ Years
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
AERMOR LLC is seeking qualified Oracle Database Administrators that will ensure support to the administration of the in-place and future production and development instance of the Oracle 12 RDBMS or higher.
- Create and maintain all databases required for the IWTG Norfolk Excepted Network and support to EW Data and Reprogrammable Library development, testing, education, and production usage.
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA will work closely with system administration staff and EW Data software developers to support application development in addition to the Oracle Databases.
- Perform ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle databases.
- Coordinate with IWTG Norfolk ISSM for planning and implementing backup and recovery of the Oracle databases.
- Coordinate with IWTG Norfolk ISSM to control the migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes, and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Coordinate with IWTG Norfolk ISSM in documenting, implementing, mitigating, and enforcing security for all Oracle Databases to ensure DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) compliance and IWTG Norfolk System Security Plan and Database Security Policy compliance.
- Perform database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the databases.
- Document and implement standards to ensure all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security, and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Coordinate with IWTG Norfolk ISSM in evaluating releases of Oracle and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the most appropriate products. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provide technical support to IWTG Norfolk Excepted Network and EW Data application development teams.
- Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages, and procedures.
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding the databases, applications, and development tools.
- Create new databases as required.
- Manage the sharing of resources amongst applications.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Microsoft Windows Server 2008r2 or higher
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) certified professional with 10+ years demonstrated experience in the field of Oracle database administration to include:
- Ability to review application codes written by developers to ensure the programming codes comply with security and performance best practices.
- Ability to advise and assist developers in writing efficient codes for the Oracle database.
- Experience across all functionalities of database management - creating, upgrading, migrating, patching, implementing/mitigating DISA STIG requirements, backups, restoration and recovery, and performance tuning.
- Experience managing database objects/database design - writing stored procedures and database triggers; creating database objects and constraints for application requirement; implementing roles/privileges at the object level for separation of roles and duties, etc.
- Experience managing OS-level performance tuning related to the database server.
- Ability to provide clear concise documentation of results.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in the field of Data Requirements Analysis and Database Architecture design to support standardization, rationalization, data management, interoperability, database design and development, data standardization and maintenance, and data migration.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with management, development teams, vendors, system administrators, and other related service providers and customers.
- The candidate will require privileged access and will be considered a member of the Cyber Security Workforce.
- Compliant with DOD 8570 - Cyber Security Work Force, with specific professional certifications of Security+ CE, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows Server 2016.
For more information contact: email@example.com
Oracle Database Administrator