207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk Naval Station, Norfolk ,VA
Job Type: Senior Engineer - Policy and Processes
Experience: 4+ Years
Clearance Type: Secret
AERMOR is seeking a candidate to support Joint Staff J35 South who requires non-personal support services to Joint Staff J35 South Global Force Management Policy and Process Division to analyze/define shortfalls or inefficiencies and deliver solutions to improve systems, architectures and business processes related to critical mission areas of Global Force Management (GFM) , Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX), and Joint Deployment Process (JDP).
- Takes an individual with patience, excellent reading comprehension and writing skills, and the ability to stay focused on a single task that takes months to complete.
- Project 2nd and 3rd order effects of proposed changes to GFM & APEX processes and related critical mission areas
- Draft Joint Doctrine and Policy in Joint Publications and CJCS Instructions, Manuals, Guides and other strategic and operational documents
- Systems familiarity with Joint Capabilities Requirement Manager (JCRM), Events Logbook, Joint Operation Planning and Execution Systems (JOPES), and Preferred Force Generator (PFG)
- Adjust rapidly to shifts in priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously that may include staff support relating to current Joint Force Coordinator actions
- Apply a detailed knowledge of Title 10, US Code, DoD level policy, DoD organizations and processes, Joint and Service doctrine, and the planning and operational employment of Forces, with a focus on the critical mission areas
- Apply a broad understanding of Military Command & Control and Force structure at the Military Department and Unified/Specified level (Joint Commands) to the Joint planning process and mission analysis for GFM
- Originate, conceive, and conduct continuous process improvement of critical mission areas to include:
- Affordable improvements and innovation in GFM integration with APEX and JD
- Development of DoDAF Compliant Architecture and recommendations for the improvement and streamlining of GFM processes
- GFM/APEX/JD studies, analyses, or modeling & simulation
- Support of the integration of GFM & APEX processes and policies into war games or simulations
- GFM Policy integration supporting Joint Deployment Process Owner equities in the Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise
- Recommended Joint processes employing templates
- Being conversant in business process improvement methods and techniques
- Understanding of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and the documents and products produced within JCIDS
- Interpretation, synthesis, and presentation of findings and recommendations (both orally and in writing) to military (O-5/6) and civilian (GS-14/15) decision makers
- Ability to apply complex business process improvement methodologies (such as Six Sigma) to J35 critical mission areas
- Applying a depth of knowledge, skills, and abilities to required research, process analysis, and studies, with competency in GFM & APEX processes and critical mission areas of Joint planning
Required Skills and Experience:
- Senior engineers must have a bachelor’s degree in a related technical or management discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of direct experience with the integration of GFM with Adaptive Planning & Execution with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the requirement of a bachelor's degree in a related technical or management discipline.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org