Employee Type: Full-Time
Locations: Suffolk, VA
Job Type: Information Assurance Analyst
Experience: 3+ Years
Clearance Type: Top Secret
Aug B Days (2) -0700-1900 Thu-Sat (12hrs), bi-Wed 0700-1500 (8hrs)
Aug B Mids (1) -1900-0700 Thu-Sat (12hrs), bi-Wed 1900-0300 (8hrs)
Aug A Days (1) -0700-1900 Sun-Tue (12hrs), bi-Wed 0700-1500 (8hrs)
AERMOR LLC. is seeking qualified candidates with Computer Network Defense (CND)/Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) experience to support the day-to-day cyber analysis function of the Command network monitoring and modernization effort. Providing reach-back capabilities for multiple Broadcast Control Authority (BCA) locations. Daily operations consist of the following areas: Provide hands-on analysis of the Command network modernization effort; liaison with CNDSP internal stakeholders to maximize mission coordination and effectiveness; coordinate with Information Assurance Analyst to maximize the effect of analysis of network system-generated data; and provide day to day leadership and guidance to all members of the network monitoring and modernization effort.
- Rapidly assess network traffic, detect data anomalies, and provide detailed reporting.
- Provide alert handling mitigation strategies when needed.
- Conducting analysis using Security and Incident Event Management (SIEM) technologies systems is required.
- Performs cyber analysis on data collected by the detection systems.
- Provide assessment and implementation of solutions to meet network security requirements.
- Ensure the successful performance of vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Understand and evaluate security threats and perform a risk analysis of those threats as it applies to the environment.
- Assists with the development of SOPs to assist the customer with procedure and process improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least one-year relevant experience with Navy Cyber Security and/or Security Operations (Prior BCA or Navy Enterprise level knowledge is a bonus).
- Proficient in written and oral communications.
- Strong report writing skills and general communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and investigative skills.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience with log parsing and analysis.
- Experience with Linux is preferred.
- Experience with researching threats and identifying credible sources.
- Experience with proactive Threat Hunting using SIEM solutions with ingested datasets from multiple locations.
- Knowledge of dataset correlation, understanding network architecture, and data at rest and in transit.
- Demonstrable knowledge in various Windows and Linux OS and TCP/IP protocols.
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS systems, network forensics analysis, and SIEM. Specific experience in one or more areas with Security Onion, Splunk, Snort/Suricata, and BRO/ZEEK integration.
- Working knowledge of Cyber Security threats and the ability to apply this knowledge to the environment.
- Associate of Science degree in information systems, information security, computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience of 3-5 years
- CompTIA Security +
For more information contact: email@example.com
Information Assurance Analyst