207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Suffolk, VA
Position Type: Business Development
Experience: 2+ Years
AERMOR is seeking an organized, detail-oriented individual to provide recruiting and executive assistant support in a fast-paced, multi-threaded environment. Candidates should be able to stay abreast of multiple projects simultaneously and provide polished, professional interactions with clients, colleagues, and potential employees. AERMOR is a fast-growing company, with interests in a variety of technical fields, such as engineering analysis, test & evaluation, and cybersecurity.
- Classify a wide variety of positions using OPM position classification standards. Work involves writing position evaluation statements, completing OF-8 forms, and building positions accurately in an automated position classification/staffing system.
- Collaborate with senior specialists throughout the Government to ensure that the application of position classification standards is accurate and consistent. Provide agency managers with definitive interpretations of the Government's classification, compensation, wage administration, and position management procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines when the issues involved are new, highly controversial, precedent-setting, and/or involve more than one area of Human Resources policy. Issue guidance to clarify issues, resolve conflicting guidance, and/or to alleviate other potential or existing problems, such as those pertaining to competitive levels, bargaining unit status, and FLSA determinations.
- Serve as the agency technical expert to develop accurate and current position descriptions for assigned departments. Classify a wide variety of positions in various occupations for use in onboarding best in class talent with the Government.
- Review draft position descriptions (PDs), modifying as necessary, and prepare evaluation statements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal HR rules, policies, and procedures to develop and advise on novel issues and concerns related to position classification.
- Skilled oral and written communications along with advanced presentation/advisory services are indicative of this level.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of Federal position classification and staffing, OPM position classification, and evaluation methods. Desired: at least 3 to 5 years’ experience equivalent to GS-13 in Federal staffing and classification support services.
- Demonstrated experience conducting desk audits, developing, and evaluating positions using Federal Evaluation System methods, along with experience reviewing coding personnel actions and supporting HR administrative staffing and classification matters.
Experience and Education
- HR Certification and/or a BA or BS degree evidencing knowledge of Federal HR personnel.
For more information or to apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org