Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Data Science
Experience: 3+ Years
AERMOR LLC is seeking qualified candidates to provide technical and analytical support for COMOPTEVFOR. Candidates shall perform a wide variety of technical support services and functions required to meet the mission of COMOPTEVFOR to enhance overall readiness and security.
- Review system engineering and test documentation for the specific system under test to gain an understanding of the requirements and capabilities planned for the system that will be tested.
- Support design of operational testing for Navy platforms, weapons, and other systems using scientific and statistical methods.
- Assist the test team in developing test matrices using applicable techniques and document statistical methods for determining sample sizes.
- Assist the test team in translating the test designs to detailed test plans.
- Consult test teams during test execution when test points cannot be run as designed.
- Once collected data is provided, perform data processing to include integrating, inspecting, cleaning, and transforming raw data sets.
- Support test team scoring of the processed data for validity and coverage of intended test points.
- Calculate test results from processed data.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to include plotting test conditions, test results, and other variables.
- Determine impact of missing data or test conditions not executed as planned.
- Use various analysis and statistical techniques to make performance predictions using processed and scored/validated data.
- Translate data analysis into presentations and support briefing of findings to the test team and command leadership.
- Document test lessons learned for future test designs for that system or similar systems / tests.
- Maintain currency in applicable test design and analysis techniques through independent research, training, and study.
- Adhere to established organizational and Navy and DoD policies and procedures to include proper handling of classified material and information technology.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in a STEM field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering field. Experience with test, test data analysis, and/or statistics is a plus.
- Experience working in dynamic cross-competency teams.
- Ability to review complex test documents, interface with test teams, and translate test objectives to test designs.
- Ability to process complex data sets, perform various analyses, translate results to presentations, and brief findings to test teams.
- Self-starter able to independently identify problems and work towards their solution.- Skilled in use of MS Office and analysis software tools. Specific experience with JMP, R, Matlab, or other similar applications is a plus.
For more information contact: email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AERMOR LLC complies with government regulations and affirmative action responsibilities.
AERMOR LLC does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.