207 Business Park Dr., Ste. 100
VA Beach, VA 23462
Windows System Administrator
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Suffolk, VA
Job Type: Windows System Administrator
Experience: 5+ Years
Clearance Type: Secret
AERMOR is seeking a qualified System Administrator (WINDOWS) in Suffolk VA. The System Administrator is responsible for the technical operation and system administration of networks. This will include, but not be limited to, procuring, installing, configuring and accounting for Windows based IT assets.
- Perform work that involves planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and administration of hardware and software systems using Microsoft Windows Server and/or Operating System.
- Planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software
- Managing accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment
- Managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Implementing security procedures and tools
- Developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures
- Resolving hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration; managing the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates, and enhancements; and/or ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems administration services.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Mastery knowledge of and expertise in the administration of Windows Server Operating Systems including Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, DHCP and DNS, and the various roles, services, and features of Windows server products.
- Mastery knowledge of and expertise in one or more Windows server application products such as Exchange, SQL, Microsoft System Center products, Lync/Skype, and Forefront.
- Mastery knowledge of and expertise in the use of DISA STIGs.
- Mastery knowledge of and expertise in Windows Server vulnerability management and remediation.
- In-depth knowledge of and expertise in local and wide area networking principles and concepts.
- Mastery knowledge of and expertise in organizational network architectures and infrastructures, topologies, and protocols sufficient to develop and implement migration strategies including planning for continuity of operations during the deployment of new server technology.
- Mastery knowledge of network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management and maintenance concepts and methods sufficient to develop and present plans for integrating new server technology into existing architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of IT principles, methods and practices to perform assignments to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of automated systems, networks and data/information.
- In-depth knowledge of systems security certification and accreditation and applying IT security principles and methods.
- Knowledge of DOD and DON Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense doctrine, policies, guidance and directives.
- Knowledge of network related operating systems, hardware systems, and network applications and devices, including firewalls, routers and switches.
- STEM Bachelor’s Degree OR CompTIA Security + CE
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org